9/7/11

Futbol

My soccer skills have never been compared to this man, but at least my girl has musical talent.

I have been in a really good routine for the last four weeks since my son went back to school.  On paper I have my kids half the time, but as is normally the case with divorce/custody/breakups, the only constant is change.  Anyway, I pick them up and then come home for a quick snack, quiet time, homework, playtime, showers, movie time, reading and bedtime.  The routine often gets upset due to other commitments, but for the most part it remains some hybrid of this.  Everything went like clockwork last night, and after the kids were off to dreamland I left my lovely lady, CC, at the helm and snuck out for my second indoor soccer game of the season.

Since I trained pretty hard yesterday morning at the pool, I was dragging by the afternoon.  I thought I would sneak in a quick nap during the kids "quiet time", but no such luck.  I headed out to the game with my Motivite bottle, sweet new uniform and a fear of running myself into complete exhaustion.  The game was great, but unfortunately we ended up losing 9-7 after the opponents scored two quick goals in the waning moments.  I was able to notch two goals myself, which was pretty cool considering I am very out of practice.  I am using soccer as a fun way to get some additional cardio in during the week.  I have my first outdoor game of the season this Sunday.  The big field doesn't wear you out as much since you aren't involved in every play.

When I arrived home, all three of my favorite people were fast asleep.  I laid in bed for a while with my mind racing a million miles an hour.  I gave up on sleep around midnight and picked up my Martin Acoustic.  Sitting on the couch strumming for a half-hour calmed my nerves and shut my mind off, and I was finally able to drift off to dream for a while before my daughter came calling somewhere in the middle of the night.  Oh, the joys of parenthood.  I am off to nap now...

No comments: