1/10/08

Press Day

It's 11:30 Pm on Thursday prior to Phoenix Supercross.  This week is usually pretty crazy, as everyone I have ever met in my life seems to be looking to score tickets or pit passes to this event.  This time things have been good and I have kept on my training regiment and in my normal routine.  The only thing that threw me off a bit is that I did press day at the stadium this morning at 4:00 AM.  It was worth it for some track time and getting good publicity in the local media.  

Last weekend went, well, shitty for me.  Since this is a blog I am not going to sugar coat things like I had to in the magazine.  It was pretty frustrating to have a poor result due to some very rookie mistakes on my part.  It kind of sucks that after as long as I have been doing this I still have issues that hold me back from performing at my highest level.  I felt that my speed, bike and conditioning were all good, so I am heading to Phoenix hopeful and looking to redeem myself a bit.

I have never done well at Phoenix since I moved here.  When I lived in ABQ I always did well at this race.  I think I can turn it around but I just need to approach it a bit differently.  At this point I am just concentrating on having fun and letting the results fall where they may.  If you are prepared and you try your best, that is kind of all you can do.  Otherwise you just go insane (like I did last year).

Anyway, I need to get  some sleep to catch up from last night.  I hope to see a lot of you over the course of the year, and if I do please let me know what you think of this blog.  As long as you enjoy reading, I enjoy writing.

Goodnight.
RC

1 comment:

Midwestfan266 said...

The blog is great. Good luck @ Phoenix and remember to have some fun !!