9/30/11

Montreal Supercross Part Deux

This is my Friday outfit.  I really like the new FLY Kinetic gear, it looks even better in person than photos.

Well, I made it to Montreal.  You know the problem with being broke?  You have to half ass everything, and it just makes you more broke.  Last time we spoke, I was sitting in the airport in Phoenix feeling all warm and fuzzy about being early, getting to Montreal and having a nice afternoon/evening with my friend Danny Nappi.  Since I have more friends than money, a good friend of mine is kind enough to donate his buddy passes to me so I can get to races.  The problem is, I am always on standby.  My easy PHX to Chicago to Albany flight turned into a PHX to Houston to Newark to NYC via train and then up Albany.  Once in Albany (my train arrived at 1:20 AM), Danny Nappi picked me up and we pinned it in his FJ Cruiser the rest of the way to Montreal.  We checked into our room at 6:00 AM.

The alarm went of at 9:00 AM, and we headed to Timmy Horton's for our morning nomulence.  It only took us about an hour to get the suspension and other parts on the bike.  I was really disappointed to find out that my head pipe was stolen out of my gear bag, so I have to run a stock exhaust instead of my bad ass LeoVince.  I am guessing a stoner somewhere is working on a sick new bong.

We pretty much sat around all day waiting for practice, but when it did finally arrive things went pretty well.  I was obviously a little tired, but I managed to set seventh quickest time in practice.  I am really pleased with the way I felt on the bike, and I have a few changes in mind that I think will help my lap times a bit.  I think my forks were a touch stiff, and as a result I was having a few issues holding a tight line through some of the corners.  Other than that, though, my bike was working great.  Thanks to Honda Canada for supplying me a brand new 2012 CRF450R.

Dinner at Pacini Langelier.  They have a bread bar, or at least they did before I got there.

After practice we grabbed some dinner at Pacini Langelier, a tasty eye-talian joint.  We are now back at the hotel watching the tele and on the verge of passing out.  Tomorrow will be a good day; A day that starts with a solid nine hours of sleep.

Bon Soir,
RC

No comments: