9/8/11

The First Breakfast.

I wish could wake up and eat breakfast here every morning.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  With that in mind, I decided quite some time ago to make sure my kids never leave my house without a full stomach in the morning.  As such, I have relegated myself to a life of little sleep, extremely early mornings, and lots of dishes.  I don't know what this stemmed from, but I have fond memories of my dad's Sunday morning breakfast buffets aplenty.  Coupled with the fact that my son may, in fact, be the world's pickiest eater and you have the perfect storm for delirium.  For whatever reason, he loves basically all breakfast foods, but nothing else.

The menu this week has consisted of but is not limited to the following items:  eggs, Trader Joe's Chicken Sausage, waffles, cereal, pancakes, fruit smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, french toast, coffee (for me and CC), fruit plates and powdered sugar (that deserves it's own food group in my house).  So as you can see, we do it up right and we wake up early to do it up.  CC handles the dinner most nights, but I have breakfast smothered, covered and slammed.

I really need to go riding, as I just realized I wrote two paragraphs about breakfast.  I am hoping to have the Supercross track out at Speedworld MX up and running by the end of next week.  At that time, I promise to right more about motorcycles than morsels of delicious breakfast fare.  Until then, eat it up and drink it in.  RC

No comments: