1/13/12

Horseshoes and Hand Grenandes 2


Welcome to 2012. Cassandra and I were talking about how old we are the other day (apologies to anyone older than us) and began reminiscing about childhood. It dawned on us how many different musical devices have come and gone in our lifetime. Eight tracks, 45's, cassette tapes, cds and now MP3's. Then you have video tapes from Beta to VHS to DVD to BluRay and on-demand video. My kids will never have to drive a standard transmission, reach across to unlock the passenger car door or blow on the cartridge of a video game to get it to play. My point being, it is crazy where we are now and I am sure it will be just as crazy where we end up 33ish years from now.

I took a few involuntary weeks off from riding my dirt bike. Exactly 23 days after I fractured my humerus just below my shoulder socket, I got back on the beast that caused the injury in the first place. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good. I am going to forego the race this weekend in Phoenix, not so much a sign of my maturity as lack of preparation (no graphics, one bike, bent subframe, no money). I am hoping to have at least two of those four rectified by LA next weekend; not sure which two yet.

My kids are awesome. Unless you are a relative of mine reading this or you have kids yourself, you probably don't care. And neither would I when I was your age, so don't feel guilty for feeling that way. I am good at making babies...maybe not so much the act as the end result. My new little man is just a bustling little bundle of snorgulance. What is even cooler is the fact that my vowels have taken to their new little brother like Techron takes to Chevron. So in spite of my injury, lack of money and my complete loss of self-respect via the purchase of a gold minivan, I am happy. And in love. And that may be all I have right now, but somehow that is enough.

4 comments:

ArtbyKC said...

And this Ryan is the meaning of life.... :)

Lexy Harshman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate from Mendocino said...

OMG YOU BOUGHT A MINI VAN. ITS A SAD DAY RYAN. I HAD ONE FOR A MINUTE IN 1993, THREE KIDS AND NO ROOM IN THE 4 RUNNER, STOPPED AT A DODGE DEALERSHIP ON THE WAY HOME FROM A SNOW TRIP AFTER ALL THREE KIDS HAD A FIGHTING MATCH IN THE BACK SEAT AND TRADED A PERFECTLY GOOD 1990 4 RUNNER IN FOR A DODGE CARAVAN. I WAS NOT HAPPY AND I SUFFERED THROUGH 2 YEARS OF SHAME BEFORE I GOT RID OF IT. LOL
SO HAPPY FOR YOU ON ALL OTHER ACCOUNTS AND YOU HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. HOPE YOU ARE WELL SOON AND NO MORE INJURIES.
PEACE,
KATE

Kate from Mendocino said...

ps.... your cousin kate.