9/15/11

Blood Blisters and Tongue Twisters

Justin Buckelew racing Arenacross a few years back.  Check out his website, www.motocrosscoach.com

The last several days have been a whirlwind of activity.  I don't want to bore you with the mundane shit, but life is comprised of mundane shit.  As I have been saying, most of my training has been off the bike up to this point, but the rain beckoned me to the desert on Wednesday for an impromptu shred session with my little minions Tristan and Tyler.  We had a lot of fun searching for jumps and trying to avoid getting incarcerated by the authorities.  The places we were riding were bordering subdivisions, and I am sure the trophy housewives and didn't want the CCV stickers on their SUV's to get dusted out by my MX71 roost.  Regardless, we traversed the area without incident, all the while finding new and interesting hip jumps, rut tracks and enduro sections to annihilate.

Someday kids, if you are the top privateer in SX and finish 4th in the World SX Championship, all this could be yours.

Early this morning I loaded up the Corolla/Trailer with my trusty steed and my two sleepy-eyed children to embark on this glorious day.  I dropped the grommets off at their respective learning institutions and punched the accelerator (which got me just over 54 mph) toward my learning institution.  Awaiting my arrival was Professor Justin Buckelew, along with two of his other pupils.  The track was pristine, as the recent rain coupled with the previous evenings open practice session left many a line and plenty of moisture.  After a good set of sprint motos on the MX track, we switched over to some off road riding.  Justin's students are preparing for a WORCS race, so they had laid out an off-road course for us to moto.  They were doing an hour moto, but I told JB I was only going 30 minutes.  I was having so much fun and feeling good at the pit stop, so I decided to double down and run the whole jalapeno.  Don't you agree that sounds better than enchilada?  Good, me too.  Anyway, I did it and now I am feeling it.  My hands are covered in blood blisters, but I am really happy to have put in some seat time.  I know I will be thankful come October, as I have some sizable events on my calendar.

Seamless transition from dirt bikes to roller skating...

Tonight I took the family to GreatSkate, an old-school roller rink, for my son's school skate party.  Both my kids did pretty well for their first (and hopefully last) time on roller skates.  Hey GreatSkate, 1982 called and they want their hobby back.  Nowadays we sit on the couch and gorge our faces while murdering people in video games and watch reality tv while complaining about the President and/or the state of the economy.  Oh, is that just me?  Capricious youth, how I miss thee.

Alright, that is enough information for one blog post.  Big days and weeks ahead.  Get to it.  RC

2 comments:

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Are you doing the monster cup? Or what "sizable events" do you speak of?

Team Solitaire said...

Yes I am signed up for the Monster Cup as well as the Montreal Supercross on October 1st.