9/20/11

Prep work

Sanding the stretch limo fenders and running boards

The time is moving right along and Anaheim1 is inching closer and closer.  I feel like I am really starting to  see some improvement in my fitness, as well as my riding in the last few days.  I had some great workout sessions in the pool, on the running trails, and mostly while playing soccer on one of my two league teams.  Soccer is brutal.  I feel like I just run wide open for hours on end, but somehow I still have fun.  If you can find a way to run yourself into sheer exhaustion and actually enjoy it, you might be on to something.  Maybe Seiji can chime in here, but as long as I don't get kicked in the face or roll an ankle, soccer seems like great training for moto-athletes.

Unfortunately, I only have my kids 50% of the time.  When I don't have them, I have enough time in the day to get my training/riding done and also work on some other projects.  Lately, I have been spending a good bit of time at my friend's shop, TM Customs.  Travis McGuire builds some ridiculously amazing hot rods and custom cars.  He is a really talented fabricator, and has been kind enough to help me with my welding and other trades of use.  Today, I helped him do some sanding and prep work on the stretch limo pictured above.  It is tedious and time consuming, but I am really looking forward to getting another coat of primer on, then paint.  When the car is finished, I will shoot some pics for everyone to see.

Does anyone else use the Entertainment Book that school kids guilt you into buying?  I pretty much live my life by that thing these days.  Sorry for the random thought.  This is not a paid advertisement.

Well I am off to soccer (again).  Rock on with your bad selves.  RC

1 comment:

Coach Seiji said...

Dude the average World Cup soccer halfback runs over 10 miles per game! As long as you're having fun I say get on with it. World's most popular game man, all those people can't be wrong.