3/7/08

Daytona SX

Tonight was wet.  One of the wettest nights of racing I have ever been a part of.  I wouldn't put it on par with "The Rain in Spain" fiasco of 2004, but worse than anything we have had here on the continent of North America for a while.

My night was a bit frustrating.  I had an off-track excursion in the first corner of the heat race and thus started near the tail end of the pack.  I moved up slowly at first, but started getting a grove near halfway and closed the gap on the transfer position.  On the final lap Andrew Short was about six seconds ahead, and although I was able to close up to around two seconds, I fell short of the transfer and moved on to the LCQ.

In the LCQ I thought I had the holeshot but just couldn't stop in the first turn.  I came out sixth, moved immediately into fifth where I would stay.  I battled with Troy Adams to the checkered.  

I am off to sleep.  Early flight in the morning...

RC

1 comment:

Midwestfan266 said...

Man was that brutal. I've seen enduros with less mud and water.