2/26/08

Standby.

Team Solitaire Rider Ben Evans


I had to catch up on sleep this morning, namely the sleep I lost on my return from Atlanta.  I was booked on an early evening flight, but my wife convinced me to go to the airport early and go standby on the morning flight.  So I woke up early, checked by bags, wait bag (I'll get to that), and proceed to gate 1,467 at the Atlanta International Airport.  I didn't get on the flight, so I waited and waited and waited some more.  The end result was that I got home two hours earlier than I would have but spent six extra hours in the airport.  Thanks, honey.

If you can help it, don't fly Air Tran.  I have the run-of-the-mill 9800 Ogio gearbag, the one I travel with every weekend without issues.  But the pleasant lady at the Air Tran ticket counter would not let my "oversized" bag go without collecting $60.  Based solely on principle (and the fact that my bag was hammered and I have a new one at home), I took everything out of it and threw it away, citing that it was my wife's bag.  The lady's face was priceless as I took out my boots and dirty gear and transfered them to my smaller OGIO bag.  It was just the principle of the matter, because I know that bag is not oversized.  I felt like Captain Chaos.

On to this week.  I am at home but Jesse and JR are meeting our new team rider Ben Evans and his father, Dave, in Corona this evening.  Ben is suspension testing with MB1 tomorrow and riding his Oak Hill race bike on Thursday.  Ben is a great kid and an excellent addition to the Team Solitaire family.  He will be racing the amateur nationals before joining the pro team at Millville in late August.

That's a wrap.  RC 

4 comments:

Midwestfan266 said...

I watched Ben in the Canadian nationals reruns on speed and he looked good. With all the flying you do I can't believe you have kept your sanity. I think most of the employees are trained in psychological warfare.

JR Erickson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JR Erickson said...

I have watched Ben from the time that he was on his KTM 65. He is fun to watch, and is very determined. He comes from a strong family with great work ethic with success based principles. He will be one to watch out for in the coming year. Go Ben!

jasontublewicz said...

F-ing Air Tran