2/18/08

Rowing Rowing Rowing

I enjoy Monday's during Supercross season because there is not too much going on.  I get to spend most of the day at home with my family, which is good right now because we are launching "Operation Toilet Training" with my son.  So far today we are one for three.  Not bad if we are talking baseball stats, but in the real world it's a lot to clean up.

Anyway, my trainer Seiji Ishii (www.coachseiji.com) had me get a rowing machine to use at home for cardio training.  The good folks at Concept 2 rowing hooked me up with a sweet machine which now resides only feet from my desk in my office (a little cramped for space right now).  Anyway, today I had a heart rate test on the rower and I can honestly say that I suck at rowing.  My @$$ hurt the whole time I was exercising, but I am sure once I get more accustomed to it the pain will subside...like developing a callous I suppose.  This rower is trick though, it has a full on interactive computer that I am just beginning to use.  Pretty soon I will be virtually racing people on the internet from the discomfort of my rowing seat.  And since I am a racer, that is good.

The other project going on at CTF (Clark Training Facility) today is that pavers are being put in as my driveway.  This is super exciting to me, probably not so much to you.  I have been waiting a while so I am pumped to have a real driveway instead of just dirt.  Welcome to civilization.

Tomorrow is a ride day so I will be out early and home late.  Talk to everyone soon.  RC

3 comments:

Jason Weigandt said...

Clarkstar, we gotz the Concept 2 up in the Racer X office now, too. I started using it about three weeks ago, absolutely killed me. But, I went riding for the first time in months on Friday, and I didn't get nearly as winded as I expected. And I'm getting all huge a buff now! I think it works.

I don't have the super hi tech internet computer so I don't know if I'll be able to race ya' online though. We'll have to compare notes at the races.

Later,
- weege

jasontublewicz said...

Good luck with that. Sounds like a lot work SON.

Virtual Trainer said...

Ummm, Jason I believe you do have the super high tech Rower just like RC. Do you think I would have had Greg at Concept2 hook Racer X up with a sub-par Machine. Glad to see the rower is getting used by more people than just Hoop. Just saw Farber at the Trade show and he wants to start training. Is the World coming to an end and no one told me?

Tim Crytser