4/27/08

Starting a garage band

Bob Kiniry holeshot the main event!


Just kidding.  But the idea crossed my mind several times being in Seattle, the birthplace of so many grunge mega-bands.  Kurt Kabang is alive as ever on the airwaves of radio stations throughout Seattle.

Being an uncovered stadium, in year's passed this would be the point where I explained just how bad the mud was and how miserable the relentless rainfall felt.  But this year was different.  The weather was absolutely beautiful, and the track was actually a little hard-packed in spots.  

The event was great for Redux Beverages/Brawndo Honda.  Bob Kiniry was riding better than he has all year, battling for the lead in both his heat race and the main event.  He ended up crashing in the whoops about halfway through the main event, but he provided some great moments before he hit the deck.  I also had a solid weekend, qualifying ninth in my heat and finishing 12th in the main event.  

I am waiting at the airport now for my flight home.  When I get there, I have to pick up a new (to me) swing set for the kids.  Everett is going to be pleased.

Thanks for reading and here is wishing you a great end the weekend.  RC

2 comments:

jasontublewicz said...

Swing set and a 12th place finish on a not so muddy track? Big week for the Clark family!!

Team Solitaire said...

You hit the nail on the head.