2/16/08

Houston Supercross Results

Hello from Houston.  Tonight was a better night for me, and Bob also posted a solid result.  I posted eighth quickest qualification time, finished sixth in my heat and 12th in the main.  Bob finished fourth in the heat race and seventh in the main.

The story of tonight was the weather.  It is a good thing that Reliant Stadium is covered because it would have been dirty.  It rained harder than I have seen in a long time.  It rained sideways, as the wind was relentless.  Then, around eight o'clock a tornado touched down less than a mile from the stadium.  The winds in the pit area wreaked havoc on many teams, including ours.  We lost a 10 x 20 canopy, but Factory Connection, Wonder Warthog, Pro Circuit Kawasaki and a few others lost their full canopy.  Those things cost over 20K...I know that because I have an old one and have priced a replacement.  

Anyway, I am back at the hotel and need to get some sleep before I head home early tomorrow morning.  Thanks for reading my rants.  RC

2 comments:

Max said...

Ryan,
you son of a gun!! I'm stoked to see your fast lap times up there with the Factory guys!!! THAT's HUGE! And that solid 12th in the main is amazing considering the caliber this year. Clearly, you have the speed to run 5 to 10 which i'm sure you can pull before the season is over. You have a lot to be proud of. - Max

Team Solitaire said...

Thanks Max. Let this be the new start of the season for me. Looking forward to breaking the top ten.

RC