4/7/08

Family Ties

Today was such a great day.  I was on wake-up duty, so my day started around 6:15 AM when my daughter was ready to wake the house up.  Around 45 minutes later my son joined us, and we played guitar, ate breakfast, watched Sesame Street.  Just the normal routine.

My wife joined us a few hours later and my son, Everett, and I embarked on a father/son day.  We ran a few errands while we were out, but the day centered around lunch at the park and just playing on the playground.  I feel guilty for not having as much one-on-one time as I used to with him now that training and travel consume most of my week.  But today was just a blast.  I also ride him around the front yard on my motorcycle, which is as much for me as it is for him.  I guess the "trying to steer him away from motorcycles" plan has some gaping holes in it.

Tomorrow I am back on the bike riding motocross.  I am looking forward to the change as SX has not been so good to me this season.  The outdoors will be a fresh start.

All the best,

RC

No comments: