3/6/08

Travel Daze

It seems like a broken record anymore.  Not that I dislike travel days, as they are pretty relaxing when compared to the rest of the week.  Last night was especially trying with my two-year-old deciding to beat his old man at staying up the latest.  I don't know where he gets his persistence.  Anyway, a little sleep deprivation is nothing a strong cup of joe can't cure.  

This morning, before I was herded on the my airplane, I did a workout with my wife.  She teaches an exercise class that helps mom's get back in shape after having children.  It also incorporates the kids, as they sit in their strollers while the moms push them around and do all kinds of squats, dips, runs and whatnot.  I think I am the first male in the history of the Stroller Strides program to partake.  I have to say, though, it was a good workout.  

I have noticed lately that I am not that social anymore.  I used to talk to people on the airplane or strike up conversation in the gate area, but now I just avoid eye contact and listen to my iPod or work on my computer.  Technology isn't really helping the social aspects of our society, and it is making us (myself included) more dummerer.  

The weather report for Daytona is calling for 50% chance of precipitation.  What is Daytona if not a dirty, gritty battle to the death that pits man and machine against Gary Bailey.  Wait, thankfully he doesn't build the track anymore.  Rain or shine, I look forward to riding here again.  It is one of the few Supercross races that offers up something different.

Well, I best get some rest.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day regardless of the weather.  Don't forget to check back after the race for a summary of the day's events.  Thanks for the good time.  RC

1 comment:

jasontublewicz said...

You should do Stroller Strides everyday.