5/4/08

Leaving Las Vegas

The final SX of the year took place tonight at Sam Boyd Stadium.  Things started off rocky as Kyle Partridge knocked himself out in the second practice session.  It turned around later, with Kiniry pulling a huge holeshot in the West Coast Lites heat and finishing a strong fifth.  

I crashed in my heat, leaving the LCQ as my only route of main event entry.  I had a horrible start, but worked through the pack to pick off Jeff Gibson with two turns left for the second and final transfer.

In the main I was railing.  I was literally feeling better than I have all season, moving up through the field steadily and finding myself in 12th at halfway.  I clipped a tuff-block and bent my brake pedal around lap 14, which caused me to take about a 35 second pit stop to kick it back into a usable spot.  I ended up 15th at the end, but I rode awesome and gained a grip of confidence tonight.  I am really looking forward to outdoors!

RC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good effort! And also, thanks for the timely updates!! Keep it up!

Eishi said...

Woot! I jumped out of my seat when you passed Gibby! Awesome rides in both heat and main! I saw Kyle go down in that practice...hope he makes a speedy recovery (same for Josh Grant who went down hard in the same practice...that was a rough practice). Good luck at GH!!!