1/28/08

The Two Utes

Greetings from Utah. My family is up here this week enjoying some winter weather. We don't get too much snow on the face of the sun in Phoenix, so here we are in Park City introducing my son and daughter to old man winter. It is bitter cold up here, but now that I live in Phoenix 50 degrees is freezing to me. I am spoiled.

Last night I stayed with my friend and life-long Team Solitaire supporter Rich Eggett and his family. He owns Kingdom Crown, the clothing company that sponsors our team. You can check out their product offerings at www.kingdomcrown.com. He also has a watch company called Rockwell and a shoe company called DUS, both of which will be coming to market very soon. DUS is in the process of making a Team Solitaire signature shoe, as is Rockwell with a watch. We should have some very unique co-branded products available very soon. I will keep you posted on the progress.

San Francisco went much better for me than the previous week. I struggled in my heat but picked up a holeshot and win in the LCQ. Then I rode pretty horrible in the main event, but it was nice to be out there and I have set a mark to improve upon every weekend.

The track was fun, despite the rain. I couldn't believe how much precipitation fell over the weekend, and how good the track held up despite the standing water. I am looking forward to the East coast rounds that are in domes so that there are less variables to contend with.

I am off to make snow bunnies. Talk to you soon. RC

No comments: