11/13/11

If I Shave My Mustache, Hawaii Will Sink

Time lapse of me at 28 and 33.

Halfway through Movember and I am feeling pretty good.  I mean, at 33 years old, one would think that growing facial hair would be kind of an afterthought.  Keeping in mind I hit puberty around 28, this whole facial hair is new to me.  I had a pretty wicked pisser handlebar stache for the FLY photo in 2010, which is likely why there were no photos of me in the casual wear catalog that year.  That is likely one of the many reasons I wasn't asked back for the two subsequent shoots.  But seriously, my facial hair is a bit sparse, so I am fairly proud of what I have working right now.  I still have a solid 17 days of November left of grooming this baby into something that Tom Selleck would be proud of.
Tom Selleck is my facial hairowin.
I have been working quite a bit this week.  I feel spread pretty thin, however.  I can't really focus on one thing in particular, which is frustrating.  I spent a few hours on the tractor, putting some finishing touches on the new training area.  I am looking for some suggestion on what to name our new training facility, so if you have any good ones please submit to me for consideration.  If I choose your suggestion I will give you some shit that will blow your mind.  Promise.  My personal best thus far is The Moto Asylum, with the tag line "commit yourself".  I know, I am pretty awesome.  I am also upgrading our marketing proposal for Team Solitaire (read: me).  If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket and want to support the oldest guy in the Supercross Series, give me a call.  You may get some free perks from AARP or Good Sam travel vouchers for your next visit to Luby's Cafeteria.

My dog sleeps a lot.  She also smells a lot.  I will bathe her today.
Unamused by your shenanigans.
My kids and I have been having a lot of fun lately.  If you have kids, you can relate to just how amazing the little moments are.  Things like falling asleep while watching a movie on the couch, cuddling first thing in the morning, or cleaning up piss off the toilet seat.  Strike that last one.  They are also a lot more independent than ever, and this only leads me to believe that sooner than I am ready for, they will want to be at their friend's house rather than watch Despicable Me at home.  But for now, they are content playing in the backyard with broken beer bottles and dirty syringes.  Capricious youth.

I will leave you with something my dad used to always say to me, which has been my mantra over the last several days.  "All there is to it is to do it".  I am sure he stole that, the plagiarizing bastard, but it stuck with me.  Tomorrow I am buying a new Kawasaki KX450F from North Valley Kawasaki.  I am working on my Supercross track.  I am finishing this god forsaken proposal.  I am cuddling with my clean Boston Terrier.  I am updating my blog.

 Click this link to be dazzled by my performance in this video. 

No comments: