11/25/11

"I Can Still Get Down Like Frank Poncherello on a Motorbike"

I have had the chance to ride my Kawasaki KX450F three times now, and I can honestly say that I like it better than any other bike I have ridden. The engine is ridiculous, and it is still stock inside with a Leovince Full Titanium system and a 51 tooth Vortex sprocket. To me, the chassis feels very similar to my 2011 Honda as far as ergonomics.  The one marked difference is that it seems to track a lot better exiting the corners.  I only have one complaint so far, and that is that the increased horsepower is wearing me out a little quicker than the Honda.  I hope after a few weeks, my body will have adapted to the power and ten pounds of extra weight.  I have yet to ride the bike on a Supercross track (since the suspension is still stock), but I believe the power will come in quite handy there as well.

Other great things seem to be happening, as well. I have picked up some support for Supercross, although a lot of the companies that have supported me in the past are still non-commital, so I am worried about that a little.  I am hoping that next week will bring some great news.  I do want to give a huge thanks to all involved thus far.  I am going to list this if that is cool, because these are the people that have enabled me to even race this season.

Rich Moss from Mastel Linens - Title Sponsor of my efforts
North Valley Honda/Kawasaki - Great group of guys to works with, and they stock a ton.
Leovince Exhaust/Ted Campbell - A great friend, fast rider and amazing products.
Enjoy Mfg - They supported me back in the early days, and we have re-united the team.
RK/Excel - They have supported me for almost ten years with the best products and support.
Steve Fox/Hoy-Fox Toyota - does anything he can to help, and has since 1999.
Dunlop Tires - the best tires available.
Dragon Optical/Kenny Adams - one of my best friends and longest supporters.
MotocrossCoach.com/Justin Buckelew - Justin is an amazing coach, friend and person. No better.
SpeedworldMX/Dan and Randy - enabled me to have a facility to prepare for SX.

I know this list will grow before the season, as it takes a village to support a Supercrosser.  I want to also thank my family, especially my girlfriend and my children for believing in me.  I am also blessed with so many great friends who support me through thick and thin.  My turbulent few years have weeded out my true friends, and I am grateful to know there are many that will never leave my side.

This is going to be a whirlwind of a week. For those of you who don't know, my girlfriend and I are expecting a baby any day now.  It will add more chaos and craziness to our lives, but I am so looking forward to meeting my new little one.  Being a father is what I am best at, and it is what I enjoy more than anything in life.  Thanks to Captain Morgan and Rainbows at the Aloha Grill in Huntington Beach, I get another child to practice this parenting thing on.

There's a contraction, I gotta go.


No comments: