5/27/08

A New Day

Glen Helen was a rough start for the nationals for me.  In a nutshell, it went like this:

Saturday I missed the first practice due to a bike problem, so I hit the track for timed qualification (five laps) with no prior track time.  I managed to run a 2:50 lap time, which was about 20th quickest, but since I was in the B practice with more fast riders, I did not qualify and had to run the consi race.

I got fifth in the consi.

In the first moto I had a typical horrible start.  I was around 35th, but moved up inside the top twenty by the second lap.  I kept rolling, moving up to the rear fender of Vuillemin for 15th on the third lap.  I tried to get aggressive in the sand but crashed in the process.  I got up quickly, took off and promptly went over the bars due to a stuck front brake caliper.  I returned to the pits for moto two.

I was packing my gate for moto two when my mechanic mistakenly left the start gate area.  The AMA would not let me race and DQ'ed me for my bike leaving the start area.  That rule is stupid and is set up to watch people fail.  No signs, no warning from the guy standing at the gate, just a quick DQ.

I drove home.

That was my weekend.  I hope Hangtown goes a little better.  I am not in too much of a writing mood right now, but will catch up with this blog again soon.  Thanks for reading.

Ryan

No comments: