10/5/08

The Perfect Day

This may be mundane to those of you without kids, but any parent will understand.

Today was the most perfect day I can remember.  I woke up with my daughter at around 6:00 AM (okay, so it didn't start of perfect as I like to sleep in).  I spent almost two hours playing trains, reading books, eating breakfast and just loving on my little princess before she was ready for a nap.  About that time my son work up, so I put her back to bed with my wife and Everett and I played golf, soccer and baseball in the front yard for an hour.  

At ten, I took Everett to soccer practice and we had so much fun.  At his age, I still get to participate (bonus!) so I have as much or more fun than he does.

When we got home from that I took a nap, as I was sleep deprived from a recent trip.  This afternoon the whole family went for a hike, along with Jake Marsack who has been staying with us for about a week.  Now I am in bed and ready for a week of preparation leading up to the US Open in Vegas.  But today was probably about as perfect as they come.

No comments: