8/6/08

Preschool Blues


My son started pre-school on Monday, and my wife and I were really sad not to have him around for five mornings a week.  He, on the other hand was excited as could be at the idea of going somewhere with a lots of kids, a train table, a sand box, and an endless array of books.  He waved goodbye to us and thus began the next 20 or so years of his life spent in a classroom. 

Day two did not go so smoothly.  Mom and I were actually okay with his leaving, as we accomplished more in those three hours than we did in the other 21 that day.  Everett, on the other hand, became "that kid".  You know the one.  The one who is screaming his head off while all the other kids and parents comment, "they need to get their kid under control".  Eventually we did, though it was slower than the beginner class at Perris. 

Thankfully, we are all getting into our routine and things are back on track.  I even got started on finishing (does that make sense) the bathroom remodel begun out of sheer frustration after Budd's Creek last season.  My wife is pretty happy about that.  

Off I go to paint the bathroom.  Type at you soon.  RC

1 comment:

RRsis said...

O preschool=FUN! My youngest just started Kinder...she didn't even want to walk her to class on the 1st day..something about she is a big girl.. HA! I walked her and took a ton of pics.
It is amazing how much you can accomplish in 3 hours! :-)
Good Luck!

Cherie~RRsis